When it comes to sending email or messages whether is it suitable to allow workers to talk about work through it Although some believe company should allow that it is prohibiting worker to discuss work during weekend will contribute more benefits to the c

When it comes to sending email or messages, whether is it suitable to allow workers to talk about work through it. Although some believe company should allow that, it is prohibiting worker to discuss work during weekend will contribute more benefits to the company.

It is so argued that employees can use their resting time to complete the work they have not done through email, because it can enhance the efficiency of the company. Supporters of this argument must be reminded that, in practicality, this policy will let the company much less efficient. Workers will not be happy to be disrupted by working when they are watching movies or going hiking. Thus, they may not be able to complete the task with their full capability, and they might just reply email abruptly. As the result, the quality or efficiency of the work may decline. By contrast, if employees do their work in the normal schedule, they will not be disturbed by other activity. They can focus on the work and done it much better.

Supporters of talking about work by sending messages may still argue that sometimes workers cannot finish their work, they must bring it back to complete it. The real picture of this argument, however, is that the actual reason why the workers cannot end their tasks within normal schedule is either because the work load is too big or the workers lack of capability to done it in time. None of these problems can be solved just by letting workers do it on weekend. Besides, this policy will let the workers lazy during work, since they know even if they cannot finish it, they still have time in weekend. By comparison, when working at weekend is inhibited, workers can cultivate good habits to complete their work on time and enhance their capability. And that is the reason why the best company in the world do not let their employees work overtime.

Talking about work by sending email on Saturdays and Sundays is not necessary a cog to make the machine of the company run. It is prohibiting this policy can increase efficiency and can let workers cultivate good habit.