Which kind of professors will you choose when selecting the courses 1 Some professors who are voted to be the most popular 2 Some professors who are rewarded for outstanding research

Which kind of professors will you choose when selecting the courses?

1. Some professors who are voted to be the most popular

2. Some professors who are rewarded for outstanding research

Professors are of paramount importance to college students. They hold lectures, guide students to do research, and sometimes answer academic questions. Hence, choosing a good professor can help college students in various ways. While some people think that professors who are rewarded for outstanding research is preferable, I would like to select the courses taught by professors that are voted to be the most popular.
First of all, professors must be popular for some reasons that make most students like them. They may be humoruous, thus taking their classes are a way of fun and students can learn bored knowledge in a relaxed vibe. Other professors probably are kind to students, always patient to answer their questions and eliminate their concerns. Take my Calculus professor as an example. I really like him because he has a kind heart and is considerate. Last semester, I took his course and behaved very well in my every test and assignment except for the end term exam, where I slipped my hand. Although my grade has not reached the standard of achieving an A, he generously gave me one and this has encouraged me a lot in my later studies – I am trying to work harder in his courses this semester and am achieing exceptional progress given by the professor.
On the contrary, the professor who are awarded for excellent research expereince does not mean they can teach well. Teaching and researching are simply two separate field that a professor has to deal with. It is pretty normal in college that some professor good at teaching may not even want to any research, but they are still loved by a number of students. However, some of them are also into researches, who maybe voted popular because of this. For example, in my college, there is a professor in the math department who are extremely welcomed by students from every major since he published numerous papers with students and is willing to guide his students to conducts research with him. But there is a rule: if the student want to do research with this professor, they must take his math classes. Hence, most students choose to this professor’s classes not because his teaching is great, but for the other reason.
In a nutshell, college students should always choose to take classes held by professors who are voted to be the most popular, because they are welcomed for reasons and they may happen to be capable of carrying out excellent research.