Essay topics: Your school has enough money to purchase either computers for students or books for the library. Which should your school choose to buy —computers or books? Use specific reasons and examples to support your recommendation.
In my opinion, I believe that our school should purchase more books for the library. I feel this way for many reasons,which I will explore in the following essay.
First and foremost, textbooks and learning materials are much more needed than laptops for pupils. Although students can access a huge amount of information through the internet, some new up-to-date publications are not available on the web. Furthermore, a fee might be required to use certain resources. Thus, enriching the library with more areas of knowledge would be more beneficial than just providing students with electronic devices. College attendees could also benefit from the money that they would save by putting it into housing bills or tuition fees. My own experience is a compelling example on that. When I was in studying pharmacy in the university, we had an assignment in biology. The professor recommended some books which were unfortunately checked out from the library and they did not have any other copies. As a result, every student in our group had to pitch in to afford the cost of these references, which were extremely expensive. Had the library offered enough copies, we would have been able to complete our research without having to spend out-of-pocket expenses.
Secondly, computers are accessible everywhere such as in public libraries and most public places for free. Moreover, thanks to the reduction in gadgets' prices that was guaranteed through commercialization and private competition, most people nowadays possess more than one computer and machines today are no longer exclusive property for specific institutions. Besides, smartphones reach processing speeds now that allow them to do most of the tasks that only computers were capable of. We could surf the internet, watch educational videos, finish training quizes and download e-books to read on our device at any given time. In addition, installing more computers on campus would occupy space, which could be better utilized for encouraging learners to practice sports such as having a gym to exercise or a court for basketball or football. More importantly, if the school acquired portable laptops and gave permission for students to take them home, students might use them for non-educational purposes like social media and video games.
To conclude, I am of the view that more books for the library should take the precedence over buying computers for students. This is mainly due to the fact that most individuals have their own computers and increasing the library inventory would help students to save tons of time and money to get the academic resources for their projects.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 months 2 weeks ago||saeidroky||60||Read full essay|
|8 months 2 weeks ago||evanlu||70||Read full essay|
|9 months 1 day ago||osfallatah89||73||Read full essay|
|12 months 4 days ago||lauren1983||70||Read full essay|
|1 year 6 days ago||ILGAR G||75||Read full essay|
|1 year 5 months ago||Diella||76||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||Elena Cristina||81||Read full essay|
|2 years 10 months ago||Evgeniya||66||Read full essay|
|3 years 1 month ago||sarah1991||73||Read full essay|
|3 years 1 month ago||Evgeniya||60||Read full essay|
- london and german fossils (86)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better to be a member of a group than to be a leader of a group. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (86)
- online pharmacies (83)
- Some people believe that a college or university education should be available to all students.Others believe that higher education should be available only to good students. Discuss theseviews. Which view do you agree with? Explain why. (90)
- methane gas explosion vs asteroid (80)
- tunguska (3)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People are never satisfied with what they have; they always want something more or something different. Use specific reasons to support your answer. (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? There is nothing that young people can teach older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. (88)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? There is nothing that young people can teach older people. Use specific reasons and examples to support your position. (76)
- Some students prefer to study at a large university that has several thousand students. Other students prefer studying at a small school that has only a few hundred students. Which type of these two types of schools do you prefer? (60)