Corporate Hiring Businesses often need to hire new managers or executives to fill vacancies that result from someone leaving the company or from its expansion. They can choose either to promote an employee from within the company or to hire a new employee

Corporate Hiring

Businesses often need to hire new managers or executives to fill vacancies that result from someone leaving the company or from its expansion. They can choose either to promote an employee from within the company or to hire a new employee from the outside. Though the decision to hire externally or internally may pose difficulties to some, bringing in someone from outside the corporation offers many advantages.

Perhaps the most important is that individuals from outside the company bring new ideas and perspectives. Internal employees that have spent years within the company often find it difficult to do things differently from what they’ve been taught. By not being ingrained in the corporate culture, an external hire looks at company policy and procedures with an open mind. This kind of fresh analysis can lead to cheaper, more efficient ways of doing business.

Second, the cost of hiring is significantly reduced. Internal hires are promoted into their new positions and require training on how to perform their new jobs and responsibilities. Hiring externally, on the other hand, permits companies to employ only those individuals who already possess the necessary skills, allowing the company to save not only on training expenses but also on the cost of reduced productivity that results when an employee is in training.

Another important consideration lies in avoiding unnecessary conflicts that may hurt the ability of a company to function well. Managerial and executive positions don’t become available often, so when an opportunity does arise, most employees compete fiercely for the position. If a corporation hires internally, it may lead to feelings of frustration and anger in the employees that weren’t hired, creating a potentially hostile environment that the newly promoted employee will find difficult to manage. If a company hires externally, this can be avoided altogether.

The article states that hiring external person to an open position in any company offers many advantages and provides three reasons of support. However, the professor explains that companies that hire externally, for open position, may hurt their businesses and it has many drawbacks. The lecture refutes each of the Author’s reasons.

First, the reading claims that individual from outside the company brings new ideas. The professor opposes this point by giving an example of well known restaurant. He says that that restaurant hired a new chef to benefits from his new idea. But this chef changes the meat supplier to a cheap one, that supply meat that treated with chemicals and not natural one. When loyal customers knew about that change, they stop eating at that restaurant. After all, hiring a new chef wasn’t a good decision for that restaurant.

Second, the article asserts that the cost of hiring externally is less than hiring someone from inside the corporation, because the last one would need training. The professor refutes this point by stating that the individual that get hired from outside the corporation, will need a time to adjust to the new work and to know the other co-workers. That time cause lose in productivity of that company, it will cost as same as when the internal one would need to be trained.

Third, the article posits that hiring from outside the corporation will avoid unnecessary conflict between the workers of that company. The professor contends that how external hiring will help?. He adds that these positions are rarely opened, when workers knowing that they have no chance to get that position that will affect negatively on them and on their company too.

Sentence: He says that that restaurant hired a new chef to benefits from his new idea.
Description: The fragment that that contains a repeated word
Suggestion: Delete a possible duplicate word:

that restaurant hired a new chef to benefits from his new idea
that the restaurant hired a new chef to benefit from his new idea

that the individual that get hired from outside the corporation
that the individual who got hired from outside the corporation

That time cause lose in productivity
That time causes loss in productivity

when workers knowing that they have no chance
when workers know that they have no chance