TPO 02

TPO 02

The article introduces the topic of team work. More specifically the writer discusses about 3 advantages of team working for companies. The lecture in the listening passage discusses about disadvantages of team working. He believes that team working does not always offer good results for companies.
I the reading the author begins by stating that a wider range of workers in one team is a wider range of knowledge and consequently team has better performances rather than individuals. The lecturer, however, disagrees with this viewpoint. He states that sometimes some of the team members have free ride and do not help the group. Besides, the hard worker members of the group that they provide most of the parts of the project are not claimed and this affects their willingness to do their best next time.
The author also claims that groups can do works faster than individuals. Again, the lecturer believes there are flaws in the writer's argument. The speaker holds that some individuals in teams who move slowly and do work with a lot of delays can affect the rest of the members of the group and reduce team speed and performances az well.
Another reason why the author feels team working is better is that in the team some members can shine by suggesting new ways and approaches to increasing group performances. The professor in the listening passage is doubtful this is accurate. He suggests that when someone in a group has a new idea and suggests a new method can be rejected by other members immediately. As a result, it can affect the members' minds that they never participate to find new ways to do works easily.