TPO 02 Integrated Writing Task In many organizations perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages

Both the passage and the lecture are about team work. The passage states that having people to work as a team offers several advantages, whereas the lecture suggests that according to a study done at a company, team work could be less beneficial than working as individuals. The lecture casts doubt on the main points mentioned in the passage by providing the following reasons.

First of all, according to the reading taking part in a group project can be very rewarding for members of the team and would let them shine. However, the lecture disputes this point by illustrating its point through an example. The lecture mentions a team in which only some of the members contributed and the rest enjoyed a free ride. When contributers were asked about their feeling about this matter, their attitude was quite the opposite of what is claimed in the passage. Furthermore, the lecture explains how this feeling attributes to the whole group gaining recognition for the hard work instead of individuals.

Secondly, the passage states that a group of people can work more quickly and creative due to their number and wider range of knowladge and skills. Nevertheless, the lecture refutes this by arguing that many meetings and so much time is needed to provide consent between members of the team, which makes the process slower rather than quicker. Moreover, the lecture points out how certain members of a team can virtually become more influencial and thus lead the team to failiure. For example, members who are under influence tend to drop a creative idea or take risks dispite disagreement of the rest of the team.