tpo 04

tpo 04

The lecture and reading are both about typing of body temperature for dinosaurs. The professor says that dinosaurs were not endotherm. However, the reading asserts that those creatures were having a stable body temperature.

First of all, the issue of polar dinosaurs. The teacher says that living the dinosaurs in the polar regions does not mean that the dinosaurs were endotherm. The polar region was warmer than today. Also, if the weather was cold, dinosaurs could migrate to the warmer neighbor areas. On the other hand, The reading says that the dinosaurs' fossils found in the polar that meaning those creatures ware endotherm.

Secondly, the trouble of leg position. The lecturer states that it is true that the dinosaurs had big legs but those legs need more energy. Moreover, those big legs supported the dinosaurs' body. Thus, having big legs do not mean that the dinosaurs were endotherm. However, the reading says that the dinosaurs were endotherm because they performed physical activities.

Finally, the problem of having Haversian canals. The teacher mentions that those canals helped dinosaurs to grow because they had growth rings. The researchers could determine the growrh period by using those canals' thickening.