TPO 15

TPO 15

In this set of materials the article posits that farmers in the Australia are suffering from rapidly growing of the toads in number. In this regard it provides three possible solution to handle this problem. However, the lecturer raise questions on the mentioned ideas and presents some evidence to refute them all.

First, the author of the reading passage states that a national fence can prevent these animals to move in clear areas in the Australia, resulting to a better circumstance. In contrast, the professor refutes this point by saying that national fence wouldn't make any difference due to passing the young toads through these fences, also they can carry their eggs with themselves. According to the professor, they can multiply in both sides of the fence and making these fences is just wasting money.

The next solution which is uttered in the article is that government can ask volunteers to capture the toads in order to clean the area from these animals. On the contrast, the lecturer explains that this idea is also unlikely to works. The professor explains that untrained volunteers can't distinguish between toads and frogs because young toads are very similar to the frogs, so they may harm endangered frogs.

The last way which is presented in the article is that a virus which affects only on the toads can control their population, although if they have a bit influence on the other animals. Conversely, the professor claims that these act has terrible consequences because some animals are being sold to foreign countries. She mentions that these kind of viruses indeed affect other animals and whole ecosystems will suffer from these viruses.

three possible solution to handle this problem
three possible solutions to handle this problem

the lecturer raise questions on the mentioned ideas and presents some evidence to refute them all.
Description: 'them' refers to what? Be sensitive to use pronouns.

is also unlikely to works.
is also unlikely to work.

these act has terrible consequences
this act has terrible consequences