The reading passage and listening passage are both discussing about Zebra muscle which is serious threath to freshwater fish population in North America. The lecturer cast doubt on the claims that is mentioned in reading passage.
First of all reading passage talks about unstoppable invasion of zebra mussel. The lecturer disput this argument by saying that across the ocean ship can be there. However they will come with ships the ship can be still be out of the ocean.
Moreover, the author said that when they are carried to new habitat they dominate. On the other hand, the lecturer mentions that the predator of new habitat are birds.
Finally, the author states that there is a decline in fish because they compete with fish for food. The lecturer states that even in the habitat that Zebra mussel are dominant there is no decline in the range of fish.
- TPO-15 - Integrated Writing Task The cane toad is a large (1.8 kg) amphibian species native to Central and South America. It was deliberately introduced to Australia in 1935 with the expectation that it would protect farmers' crops by eating harmful insec 53
- TPO-14 - Integrated Writing Task Every year, forest fires and severe stormscause a great deal of damage to forests in the northwestern United States. One way of dealing with the aftermath of these disasters is called salvage logging, which is the practice 60
- TPO-01 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support.Use specific reaso 64
- Do you agree with foods that are ready or home-made 67
- TPO-20 - Integrated Writing Task In the United States, it had been common practice since the late 1960s no to suppress natural forest fires. The “let it burn” policy assumed that forest fire would burn themselves out quickly, without causing much dama 60
which is serious threath
which is a serious threat
claims that is mentioned in reading passage.
claims that are mentioned in reading passage.
Sentence: The lecturer states that even in the habitat that Zebra mussel are dominant there is no decline in the range of fish.
Description: An adjective is not usually followed by an existential there
Suggestion: Refer to dominant and there
Sentence: The reading passage and listening passage are both discussing about Zebra muscle which is serious threath to freshwater fish population in North America.
Error: threath Suggestion: No alternate word
Sentence: The lecturer disput this argument by saying that across the ocean ship can be there.
Error: disput Suggestion: No alternate word
No. of Words: 148 250
Minimum 150 words wanted
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 16 in 30
Category: Poor Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 3 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 2 2
No. of Sentences: 9 12
No. of Words: 148 250
No. of Characters: 697 1200
No. of Different Words: 83 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.488 4.2
Average Word Length: 4.709 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.144 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 48 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 37 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 17 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 6 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 16.444 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 3.624 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.556 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.4 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.4 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.108 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4