In this set of materials, the reading passage and listening section discuss the possibility of migration to the edmontosaurus. Although the passage claims several different arguments to support the migration hypothesis of the Edmontosaurus, one of the most common dinosaurs in those regions, the speaker refutes these ideas through several reasons which I will describe in this report.
First, the reading discusses that the edmontosaurus fed in special plants, and in the winter they did not have plants as food; hence, they had to migrate to finding food. However, the lecturer, in contrast, rejects this by claiming that, 1000 years ago, summer was warmer than today. Also, the sunshine was able to 24 hours a day. So, the condition was favourable for growing plant. Also, the plants were growing in summer, were died in the winter. These animals had a lot of food from the died plants. So, they did not have to migrate to finding food.
Second, the reading passage argues that scientists found many edmontosaurus skeletons in the same site, so they found that animals lived in herbs. As the same as modern animals, which live in herbs for migration, the edmontosaurus also had been lived in herbs for migration. But, the professor argues that living in a herb does not mean they need to migration. Animals live in a herb for another purpose such as extra protection. For example, Roosevelt elks live in the forest of the USA, and they do not migrate.
Finally, although the reading passage says that the edmontosaurus were able to migration, because they had the capable ability to migrate, and they had adequate speed, the professor disagrees by mentioning that the adult animals had able to run fast, but junior animals would not able to run fast. And, the young animals could not live alone. Therefore, adult animals had to wait until the young animals could receive them. So, the speed of the herbs would reduce, and they were not able to migrate.
- Students in high school should learn by sitting there listening to the teacher while taking notes or communicating and sharing ideas with class.Which one do you prefer? Use specific reasons and detailed examples to support your answer. 76
- Do you agree or disagree? Parents today are more involved in their children education than were parents in the past 76
- Workers are more satisfied when they have many different types of tasks to do during the workday than when they do similar tasks all day long.Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 70
- Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?•Interrupt and correct the mistake right away.•Wait until the class or meeting 73
- Because the world is changing so quickly people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the past 73
No. of Words: 331 250
Write the essay in 20 minutes.
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 21 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 5 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 3 2
No. of Sentences: 18 12
No. of Words: 331 250
No. of Characters: 1571 1200
No. of Different Words: 154 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.265 4.2
Average Word Length: 4.746 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.446 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 106 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 86 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 39 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 31 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.389 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 10.74 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.778 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.32 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.525 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.113 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4