TPO 32 task one

TPO 32 task one

The writer provides three theories to explain the strange sound (quackers) that the Russian submarine has detected. This sound was sound like frog croaks. On the other hand, the professor opposes the three theories.

First, the reading states that this sound may was the sound of ocra whales which they produce it during mating. However, the professor refutes this theory by saying that ocra whales live near the surface of the ocean and the submarine was in the deep of the ocean. So the submarine was unable to detect the sound of ocra. And even if the ocra whales came close to the submarine, the sonar would detect the ocra whales easily.

Second, the writer describes the sound to be of giant squid. In contrast, the speaker argues that the sound has been heard in 1960s and this squid lived until 1980s. Thus, if the sound was from the squid, then the submarine would detect the sound again during the two decades that the squid lived in. Therefore, this theory is not possible.

Finally, the author explains that this sound may come from another military submarine of another country that was there secretly. On the contrary, the speaker tells us that this sound was moving around and changing direction quickly, and a submarine cannot do that. Also, if the sound was of another submarine, the sonar of the Russian submarine would detect the sound of the engine of the foreign submarine. And actually most of submarines' engines are silent.

this sound may was the sound of ocra whales which they produce it during mating.
this sound may be the sound of ocra whales which they produce during mating.