TPO 40 Integrated Writing Task

The reading and the lecture are both about the chance of permanent human presence on Venus. The author of the reading feels that it is impossible. However, the lecturer challenges the claims made by the author. He is of opinion that human can present permanently on Venus.

To begin with, the author argues that atmospheric pressure at Venus' surface is too high for human being. The article mentions that pressure at Venus' surface is at least 90 times greater than it at Earth's surface. This specific argument is challenged by the lecturer. He claims that we can live on the air by using the floating material or tools like ballon to avoid the high pressure at the surface of Venus. Additionally, he says that we can live on the place which is about 50 kilometers from the surface of Venus to get the atmospheric pressure be the same as the pressure at Earth's surface.

Secondly, the writer suggests that there are no water vapor or oxygen on Venus' atmosphere. In the artical, it is also said that it is impractical to transport the water from Earth to Venus. The lecturer, however, rebuts this by mentioning that water and oxygen can be produced by chemical process with the gas on Venus.

Finally, the author posits that there is little sunlight can penetrate through the clouds on Venus and let it imposible to use the solar power cells. In contrast, the leturer'