tpo 44

tpo 44

The main topic of both the reading and lecture is about whether the coins which have been found in North American is originally have been brought to this area by Norse or not. While the reading finds this idea doubtable, citing three ideas to reject the points in the passage.
Firstly, the lecturer does not accept the idea about the distances providing in the reading in order to the fact that many other things and objects have been being come to this area from other sites, most of which had great distances; on the other hand, the lecturer believes that providing these objects from these distances does not plausible.
Secondly, the professor highlights the fact that it is not necessary that if coins have not found in other places, it could not have come from these people because these people used these coins in their voyages in order to bring back to Europe for other transactions and trades. In contrast, the author claims that not finding any coins in other places cannot lead to the arguing which these coins found there are fake.
Thirdly, although the speaker dismisses the issue due to the fact that Nose used these coins for making jewelry such as necklaces, and it was so useful, the reading states that it was useless for these people.