tpo25

tpo25

The reading asserts shreds of evidence, claiming that there are reasons behind people's sense of admiration for Spartacus, an inspirational hero who rebelled against the Roman oppressors with his men. The lecturer, however, finds the arguments made in the text historically inaccurate and refutes all of them by presenting specific details.

First of all, the author argues that in the battle against the Romans, people make connections with the story of Spartacus and his army’s desire to returning homeland since they appreciate their goal. Conversely, the professor underlines this idea by saying that returning home was not the only goal of Spartacus and his army. She puts forth the claim that when the Romans were defeated, a clear route emerged for Spartacus and his men to return home; however, they marched towards the city to take the properties of the conquered city. Hence, it is crystal clear that Spartacus and his men be interested in power and wealth. As these desires were not as appreciated as the desire to return home, it was not mentioned in the stories.

Furthermore, the reading passage holds the view that although Spartacus had an amateur army with inadequate weapons, the triumph clarifies his military intelligence. This argument is challenged by the lecturer. She rebuts this claim by mentioning that, in the first fight, Romans did not take Spartacus' army seriously; hence, they sent their poorly trained army and soldiers to fight against Spartacus. Soon after Roman had sent their best soldiers, they defeated Spartacus, revealing that he did not have any military brilliance.

Finally, the writer contends that Spartacus’s chief aim was to help the slaves. It is because when he was offered to be a Roman senator, he did not take the position. His main goal was to put an end to slavery. The speaker, on the other hand, posits that this idea is not backed up by historical evidence. He elaborates on this by suggesting that it is known exactly who and why such a mentality regarding Spartacus prevailed. It was in the eighteenth century that Europeans practiced slavery, but there also existed some anti-slavery movements, including thinkers and writers. They wanted to have a hero in ancient times for their campaign. In their play writings, they showed that Spartacus freed all slaves, but it was just an inspiration history in the play, not based on real history.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.