TPO29 Question Summarise the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they case doubt on specific points made in the reading passage

TPO29 - Question : Summarise the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they case doubt on specific points made in the reading passage.

In the reading passage, the author feels that are three explanations for the edmontosaurus migration hypothesis. However, finding all the arguments implausible and questionable, the lecture casts doubt on what is presented and states some evidences to the contrary.

To begin with, the writer posits that the plant based diet of the edmontosaur supports the migration hypothesis. In contrast, the lecture rebuts this argument by saying that weather which edmontosaur lived was warmer than today. As a result, she believes that the edmontosaur had enough source of plants that does not justify this argument.

Secondly, the authors claims that edmonotsaurs lived in herds further and it supports the migration hypothesis. This specific argument is challenged by the lecture. She points out that edmonotsaurs used to live in herds in order to give for them more extra protection from predators. For instance, she mentions the Roosvelt Enk of an example of this.

Finally, the reading suggests that the edmonosaurs were physically capable of migrating long distances. But, this argument is rejected by the lecture. She is of the opinion, that young edmonosaurs were not able to migrating long distances. Hence, she believes that the adult edmonosaurs did not migrate due to protect the young edmonosaurs.