tpo31 task 1

Essay topics

The reading claims that a fossil of dinasour preserved in volcanic ash proves that this dinasour had feathers. However, the lecture finds the ideas dubious and presents some evidence to reject them.

The author argues that fine lines remained on dinasour body is part of its skin fiber that decomposed after its death. Conversly, the lecture brings up the idea that the other fossils found in that area did not have decomposition and all of them was preserved in ashes. Fossil evidences showed that there is no fiber in the feather structure.

Furthermore, the passage holds the view that dinasour's anatomy proved that these lines might have been referred to frills, a fan-shaped structure. on the contrary, the professor points out that there is a chemical difference between feather and frills. scientific experiment underlies the fact that feather has a protein called B carotin which frills lack of it.

finally, the reading asserts that lines on the fossil is placed along the backbone and the tail, where it might have had no efficiency for the dinasaur to fly or cool itself down. In contrast, the speaker dismisses this issue due to the fact that feather can have other functions as peacock uses its feather to attract the birds. She also states the new investigations showed that the dinasour's feather was colorful. it was orange and white.