TPO34 integrated

Essay topics

The reading passage and the lecture have a discussion on the reasons that caused the Steller's sea cow extinct. The author mentions three potential theories. On the contrary, the professor considers none of them would be persuasive with certainty.

First, the reading suggests that the sea cow was been overhunted by the natives. However, the opinion has been opposed by the professor with mew proof. The professor says that the sea cow is a large creature that one individual sea cow can feed many people. That is why the overhunt theory has been challenged heavily.

Moreover, the author claims that the ecosystem impacts the food supply of the sea cow. On the other hand, the lecturer states that if the ecosystem was heavily polluted, other species are likely the experience same extinction, but the sea cow was the only species that suffer extinction, which differs from the reading as well.

Finally, the reading passage believes that European fur traders participate in the result of sea cow extinction, while the professor in the listening material maintains that the sea cow population decreased before European arrived in the region. Thus, the reading passage has been refuted again.

Therefore, the speaker departs totally from the opinions on the topic made in the reading.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3