tpo 39

Essay topics

The reading passage and the lecture have a discussion about the reason cause the mass extinction at the end of the Triassic period. The author mentions three potential theories. On the contrary, the professor considers none of them would be persuasive with certainty.

First, the reading suggests that the decline of sea levels is the reason. However, the opinion has been opposed by the professor with new proof. The professor says that the water system usually adapts to the environment's changes with slow impact, so the sea levels can not cause harm to the species. The opinion has been challenged heavily.

Moreover, the author claims that significant climate cooling is an explanation. On the other hand, the lecturer states that extreme climate-changing won't occur in a short period. In addition, the chemical interaction and volcano activity are likely to help the atmosphere remain statable. The opinion stands against the reading as well.

Finally, the reading passage believes that an asteroid striking earth is possible, while the professor in the listening material maintains that scientists still fail to find evidence to demonstrate the theory, and the time won't match with the extinction. Thus, the reading differs from the lecture again.

Therefore, the speaker departs totally from the opinions on the topic made in the reading.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3