TPO39

Essay topics

Both reading and writing discuss about the reasons that may lead to a large extinction 200 million years ago. The author brings up some points to explain this evident. However, the speaker disagrees and casts doubt on these reasons.

First, the reading claims that this extiction could happen due to an decrease in sea levels which then distrupt the food supply chain. In contrast, the professor declares that although the sea levels fluctuatesd in that era but usually coastals are capabale of getting adopted to this changes. Therefore, the food for other animalls should not be unsuffient to cause extinction.

Second, based on reading, an increase in the amount of SO2 becuase of the widespread volanic activity could lead to an decrease in sheer weather tempreture and so extinction. Again, the speaker disagrees, stating that SO2 will be shortly clear out in the space since it combines with water and came back with rain to the ground. conclusively, SO2 did not stay enough in weather to cause a lower tempreture.

Third, the writing asserts that on the ground of asteroid theory, the displacement caused by a crushed rock could be the reason behind this phenomena, but the teacher states that scientist did not find any crator for that special date. They did find some crators but they were for too long before the taking place of the extinction.

In conclusion, we can say that although the reading passage argues in favor of 3 reasons mentioned above, the lecturer points some serious drawbacks to this notion.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3