Whether wheat discovered in the Britain was wrongly dated

The listening lecture totally opposes to the reading lecture in whether wheat discovered in the Britain was wrongly dated. To begin with, the reading says that water can bring these wheat to the older layer of the sediments. However, the listening argues that not all of the sediments are light, some of them were solid and dense. So, the wheat cannot be carried away by the water. Besides, some other wheat in the soil had been discovered that did not move to some other layer. These wheat are light as well.

Secondly, the reading indicates that wheat might have been part of trade to Europe. Likewise, the listening implies that this explanation is not likely to be true. The distance between Europe and Britain is far. People from Britain need to travel to the north part of Europe first, then move down to toward the south. However, British's navigation skill are not good enough during that time. As a result, since their navigation skill in poor and immature, they do not have the ability to travel for such a long distance.

Lastly, the reading suggests that wheat in Britain had been planted long before it spread by majority of British farmers. Whereas, the listening asserts that this is also incorrect. Wheat will produce pollen as it grow. But there is no evidence indicate any information about pollen. Moreover, there is no evidence of farming either. In other words, since there is no evidence of pollen and farming place in this area as we expected, this hypothesis cannot explain this idea.

Lastly, the reading suggests that wheat in Britain had been planted long before it spread by majority of British farmers. Whereas, the listening asserts that this is also incorrect. Wheat will produce pollen as it grow. But there is no evidence indicate any information about pollen. Moreover, there is no evidence of farming either. In other words, since there is no evidence of pollen and farming place in this area as we expected, this hypothesis cannot explain this idea.The listening lecture totally opposes to the reading lecture in whether wheat discovered in the Britain was wrongly dated. To begin with, the reading says that water can bring these wheat to the older layer of the sediments. However, the listening argues that not all of the sediments are light, some of them were solid and dense. So, the wheat cannot be carried away by the water. Besides, some other wheat in the soil had been discovered that did not move to some other layer. These wheat are light as well.