Home >> Pteacademic Essays

Nowadays Television has become an essential part of life. Medium to spread news & awareness and for some it acts like a companion. What is your opinion about this

jagadeeshjimmy's picture

Television plays a vital role in this modern life. This is not a new phenomenon. But this trend has gained momentum in now a days thanks to horizons of technology. Some people think television is the medium to spread all the news to people easily, whereas on the other hand some people think television can cause some effects. However, there are some advantages and disadvantages which I will discuss now through out this essay.

To begin with, there are several advantages by watching television. Firstly, television can gives so much information about news which are going all over the world. According to my own experience when I was a university student I performed a research which discovers television is the cheap source to spread all the news and to create a public awareness in the society.
Secondly, it teaches you about different cultures, ideas, and how to interact with different people. Finally, it is cheap source of entertainment also.

On the other hand, there are some disadvantages firstly, it is medium to spread some crime and violence frequently. As a tangible example, some scientific research undertaken by a prestigious university has asserted that fake news are spreading in television now a days. Moreover, it causes mental disturb those who are addicted to it. Lastly, it can create negative inspiration in the kids.

Therefore on the basis of all the points discussed till now and going by my personal experience as well, I would like to state in conclusion that, since the positives outnumber and outweighs the negatives and also since these negatives can easily be redressed.