Question Dr Gupta As I mentioned in class governments make public policies to describe their responses to various problems that affect a community Part of this process involves setting and defending priorities about which issues deserve the most attention

Question :Dr. Gupta
As I mentioned in class, governments make public policies to describe their responses to various problems that affect a community. Part of this process involves setting and defending priorities about which issues deserve the most attention and resources. For example, governments need to decide whether they should spend more money on education or on environmental protections. If you were a policy maker, which issue would you argue is more important—education or environmental protections? Why?

Kelly
We all live on planet Earth, and it is the only planet we have. Therefore, we must take care of it. Clearly, protecting the environment should be the government’s priority over education. I think the REAL question is, which approach to protecting the environment—restricting pollution, regulating population, promoting clean energy, or something else—should be the government’s priority.

Andrew
I disagree with Kelly that that the environment is more important than education. Education is actually the best way to protect the environment. Educated people can see how their decisions affect the world around them. Also, with better science and technology education, we can develop solutions to environmental problems. Therefore, I think the government should spend more money on education.

Reaching to rational decision sometimes is challenging and puts us on the fence. Deciding between the environment and education which to take the priority for the government to spend money on is one of those tough questions. From an academic point of view, I reckon that our only habitable environment should come first, undoubtedly. Looking in detail, if we do not take care of the environment will have to face great and never-seen challenges that will put our existence at risk such as climate change. Moreover, Andrew's viewpoint is rational, however, this question comes to mind despite all those huge budgets spent on research to find solutions for climate change, why none of them has succeeded? Overall, I believe that preventing is far better than curing.

not in the correct format for academic-discussion-task essays

read sample essays from users:
https://www.testbig.com/users/ali
https://www.testbig.com/users/goldman

-------------------------------------