Do you agree or disagree with the following statement All university students should be required to take at least one class that teaches the culture of a country other than their own Use specific reasons and example to support your opinion

Technological development in todays society has increased the emphasis in the world "globalization" so much that even some universities have made mandatory to learn other countries culture. however I believe learning a different culture should be mater of choice rather than a compulsivity.

There is no doubt that learning others culture, their way of living can change the way we look into society and enrich us personally but there are also various ways of learning different culture and I personally believe that the most effective one is that which involve the practical knowledge. For example. I went to India for my bachelors, Eventhough I had zero knowledge on Indian culture and their language, my four year stay there had taught me alot about their culture and I can even speak their language fluently. I believe I wouldn't have achieved that if I had studied Indian culture in my university.

Furthermore, there is no use of learning a culture if we aren't going to use it anywhere . when we don't put our knowledge into practice we tend to forget the things we learnt. for example our school taught us Korean as a part of learning different culture but since i couldn't use it anywhere till date i have forgot almost everything.

To put it in nutshell, learning a culture that students think might come into practice later in life is a good idea but universities forcing students to learn a culture that they aren't going to use anytime in future is a waste of time and money.