Endotherms are animals such as modern birds and mammals that keep their body temperatures constant For instance humans are endotherms and maintain an internal temperature of 37 C no matter whether the environment is warm or cold Because dinosaurs were

The article declares about dinosaur's endothermy by providing three main reasons. Endothermy generally means animals including humans which maintain an internal temperature constant without affected by the warmth or coldness of the environment. The professor refutes reasons supporting the idea that dinosaurs are non-endotherms.

First, the article states that dinosaur fossils could have found in polar regions as an indication of only endotherms can survive in such cold climates. In contrast, the professor casts doubt on this issue that polar regions were warmer than today in millions of years before. On the other hand, it is assumable that some dinosaurs migrated from poles like other sorts of animals.

Secondly, the text believes a connection between leg position and endothermy exists as only endotherms have legs positioned underneath of body. Unlike lizards or crocodiles, dinosaurs had leg under their body. The professor denies this point declaring that dinosaurs had a large and heavy body and the leg could carry their body not necessarily running.

Finally, the article holds the idea of Haversian canals which means a specific bone structure only for endotherms. They are able to grow fast which is also another property of endotherms. As the fossils of dinosaurs indicate they have Haversian canals. However, the professor rejects this idea by stating there is some evidence that dinosaurs had separated growth path. In fact, during warm periods they grew rapidly but in cooler periods they stopped growing, and then again they had a growth period. These separated periods confirm the non-endothermy of dinosaurs.