Many people visit museums when they travel to new places Why do you think people visit museums Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Museums across the world capture the attention of travellers for several reasons, but not all museums are same. They differ in the types of items showcased. Since all museums are not the same, the reasons why people choose to go to museums also vary accordingly. Despite the variation, there is one common factor among all that museums. It is that they offer a collection of items dispersed across time, space, or both in one place.

For instance, some museums maintain a collection of items from a particular past civilization. Students of history who want to understand that particular civilization will be drawn to such museums, while others might not find them as engaging. Personally, I have always found it interesting to know more about the kings that ruled the place I was born. It might feel great to read a description of a sword of a king, but it can never quite match the personal experience of watching it with own eyes. So, whenever I get a chance to visit some history museums dedicated towards capturing a particular time period, I definitely go there.

Some tourists are attracted to art museums. The art collections can vary in several forms such as they can capture the art works of a lot of artists together. They could also be dedicated to the art works of a single artist. In any case, people who are interested in those arts would like to visit such museums. In these days of computer and internet, a digital copy of a lot of art works is readily available. What these lack is the exact feel of the product because information such as material used, imperfections in the paint used in case of a painting can be experience only when visited in person.

In addition to the above examples cited, there are quite a few varied and diverse collections of items in the museums. Depending on a person's taste, they choose to visit museums of preference.