Some people think that it is best for extended families to live together Other people think that it is best for the nuclear family to live away from the extended family Which one do you prefer

No one can deny a fact that family is always a huge support for our growth in all ways. I believe that small and a well bonded family is much better than a large family. I will elaborate on this in the following paragraphs.

Firstly, people in nuclear family tend to discuss all the things among themselves through which they can make proper decision in critical times. My personal experience is a compelling example for this. I come from a family of four with my sibling and parents. Back in my childhood, we were a joint family with my grandparents where, we did not had much time to spend with each other and know one another's problems. One day, my brother happened to go to school despite being sick. Moreover, my parents did not knew that he was ill, as they were very busy attending all the family's needs and with all those household chores. His teacher sent him back home asking us to take proper care of him. Then we felt very sad for being so careless and thus we decided to give some time for ourselves everyday. Finally, four of us shifted to other place and started living happily ever after. This makes me feel that nuclear family helps us to create more understanding among ourselves and to be strong. However, we meet our extended family on auspicious days like festivals or birthdays or in any occasions.

Secondly, we can see financial growth when we have a small family rather than living together. For instance, my father used to mention about his big family where ten people used to live and in contrast, there used to be only one person with a job. Furthermore, this earning person of the family will have too many responsibilities and hence it takes a lot of time to settle in life. When we have moved to a new place, we started making savings through which we were able to construct a house for ourselves and gradually, we made some savings for my higher studies. Hence, there was a significant growth in our status.

Last but not the least, if we stay away from our people, we tend to learn more new things and we can grow as an individual without any dependencies. In addition to the above mentioned examples of my own life, I would like to add one more situation where I have learnt lot of new things being far from my people. In those days, I used to depend upon my cousins or elders for basic things like math calculations or any homeworks, but when I moved to a new place, I started working for myself and learnt doing things independently and day by day I have improved a lot that I have started tutoring younger children in my colony.

In sum of above mentioned reasons, I am certain that living in a small nuclear family is always beneficial physically, mentally and also financially.