All university students should require to take history courses no matter what their field of study is?
Universities significantly have a serious influence on the student careers directly or indirectly which has always engendered a lot of controversial debates among academicians. University courses should be as beneficial as possible to improve students education in the society. One noticeable question which comes up in this regard is that whether all students should take history courses obligatory or not. While an overwhelming majority firmly believes that taking history courses considerably is essential because history is combined with valuable experience, others hold exactly the opposite perspective. I think that nor history neither other courses which irrelevant to students' major should not be mandatory owing to some highlighted reasons. The ensuing paragraphs will substantially elaborate on my points of view.
The most exquisite point confirming my stance is that studying courses which is not related to students' field would absolutely waste their time. Students in the university should put their time and focused efforts on gaining experience and skills which is significantly essential and beneficial for their future academic career or job. In our hectic life, time is as valuable as money, hence, it should be spent on eminent skills like learning software, part-time job experience, and research, not history. One recent survey has been accomplished in this regard to find out whether courses which are not associated with students field would be advantageous for students future career or not. It surprisingly indicates that most students usually forget all the concepts which were taught in an irrelevant course due to it is not considered important for them. Thus, students should attempt to learn more prominent skills rather than history. This experiment indicates that history courses should not be as a requirement.
Another prominent point which is worth mentioning is that students should be interested in their courses. If history courses are obligatory and some students are reluctant to take it, it would not benefit the students. Taking a personal example, when I was in the university, we should take history courses. But unfortunately I and a vast majority of students did not like it at all, therefore, we even hardly listen to the professors. Taking this history courses not only did waste our time but also did not increase our knowledge. This example obviously demonstrates that students do not need to take history courses.
To sum up, taking all the aforementioned factors into consideration, we might come to the result that students should not be required to take history courses because it would be time-consuming and unuseful owing to lack of adequate intrigue. As a writer advice, I recommend that history should be for students who find it appealing and helpful, not for all the students.
- TPO-46 - Integrated Writing Task In the United States, medical information about patients traditionally has been recorded and stored on paper forms. However, there are efforts to persuade doctors to adopt electronic medical record systems in which informa 80
- TPO-33 - Integrated Writing Task Carved stone balls are a curious type of artifact found at a number of locations in Scotland. They date from the late Neolithic period, around 4,000 years ago. They are round in shape; they were carved from several types o 60
- TPO-33 - Independent Writing Task Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?When teachers assign projects on which students must work together, the students learn much more effectively than when they are asked to work alone on projects.Use spe 73
- Governments should spend more money supporting the arts than supporting athletics such as an Olympic team. 60
- TPO-17 - Integrated Writing Task In the past century, the steady growth of the human population and the corresponding increase in agriculture and pesticide use have caused much harm to wildlife in the United States,birds in particular. Unfortunately for b 85
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 4.0 out of 6
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 21 15
No. of Words: 445 350
No. of Characters: 2352 1500
No. of Different Words: 217 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.593 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.285 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.894 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 195 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 154 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 101 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 62 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 21.19 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.048 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.381 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.37 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.502 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.144 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5