Do you agree or disagree with the following statement People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign country

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People benefit more from traveling in their own country than from traveling to foreign country.

It is known that traveling is one enjoyable way of knowing and learning about different cultures. It is expected that you know our own culture well, therefore, I disagree with the given statement that people get more advantages from traveling in their own country than from traveling to different countries around the world. I feel this way for the following reasons.

Firstly, as stated before it is expected that a person knows well about their own culture and values. For this reason the experience of traveling in your own country could be no more enriching than traveling to foreign countries. For example, as Brazilian I known well the multi diversity of my country, I know that each region has its peculiarities and own cultural values. I believe that it is important for everyone to know well about and traveling in their own country, but I believe that traveling to different countries in other continents would enhance our world vision and broaden our world perspectives. Hence, people benefit more doing this.

Secondly, it is more advantageous to someone to travel to a foreign country because they can see a wide variety of architectural structures and buildings, taste different kinds of foods and fruits, learn more about different customs and values. For instance, it would be much more enriching for an occidental person to travel to an oriental region than traveling in their country or even in the same continent. I believe that people are empowered when they discover new things and learn about world diversity

Finally, I believe that traveling around the world would enhance people´s ability to respect different ways of thinking and wearing. When we experience something not just read about we can understand things better. For example, we may think that the way to dress of a far away tribe in Africa is too colored or flashy, but when we can stay there with them and learn about how the pigments are collected from nature and how they believe that colors bring hapiness we start to understand better and give reason to them, we also find beauty in the difference.

To sum up, I disagree that traveling in our own country is more beneficial than traveling around the world, because traveling to foreign countries is an enriching experience that can add ineffable values to us and enhance our world vision.