Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at

Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enough, at least some of the year, for the ice to cover the sea separating the islands, allowing the deer to travel over it. Unfortunately, according to reports from local hunters, the deer populations are declining. Since these reports coincide with recent global warming trends that have caused the sea ice to melt, we can conclude that the purported decline in deer populations is the result of the deer's being unable to follow their age-old migration patterns across the frozen sea.

Write a response in which you discuss what specific evidence is needed to evaluate the argument and explain how the evidence would weaken or strengthen the argument.

It is unreasonable to aver the declination of deer population made by hunters because of the lack of evidence. It is a classical case of survey fallacy. It is vague to state about reports because there are many ways to say it. Reports may mean newspaper. However, it is hard to believe that hunters have access to newspaper, having seen that they live on an island, which it may be difficult to newspaper. Also, reports can mean television. But, one more time, television on an island is rare to exist. Finally, another way that hunters might have to say about the declination is by counting the number of the deer in the local. However, it is not reasonable to believe that they may do it because it is not quiet possible to do by observing the number of species, or counting them.

If the sea ice melts, it became water. Indeed, if the deer populations is not able to follow the old migration, it means that they are not capable to swim. Therefore, it is ambiguous to say that they cannot follow the migration across the frozen sea if the sea became water. Besides, to affirm that reports and global warming coincide is not ok. There is no evidence that they occur at the same time. As it is mentioned above, the reports are vague.

Am I going in the right way? Are those arguments enough? Or should I attack one more?

Minimum 250 words wanted

Need 5 paragraphs and at least 3 arguments:

para 1: introduction
para 2: argument 1
para 3: argument 2
para 4: argument 3
para 5: conclusion

In GRE, we have to accept all data or evidence are true. It is important to find out loopholes behind surveys or studies. Loopholes mean that we accept all surveys told are true, but there are some conditions applied, for example:

It works for time A (10 years ago), but it doesn't mean it works for time B (nowadays).

It works for location A (a city, community, nation), but it doesn't mean it works for location B (another city, community, nation).

It works for people A (a manager), but it doesn't mean it works for people B (a worker).

It works for event A (one event, project... ), but it doesn't mean it works for event B (another event, project...).

for example:
we have to accept that 'local hunters, the deer populations are declining' is true, but then we need to ask maybe because of the illegal hunting, the deer populations are declining.
-------------------

read a sample:
http://www.testbig.com/gmatgre-essays/arctic-deer-live-islands-canadas-…