“Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station’s coverage of weath

“Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this time period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station’s coverage of weather and local news. In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have just canceled their advertising contracts with us. Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to the program and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should restore the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level.”

Although paying attention to different kinds of news is so important and as the author believes, allocating more time to news, especially the weather casting is so fundamental, he doesn’t make a cogent case. It is crystal clear that local and weather news are so important especially in economic aspects of a country, this article rife with lots of holes and assumptions that are not strong enough, and as the result will not indulge the mentioned purpose, which is increasing the time of these news.

According to the author, during the past year, news has filled more with national ones, than local or weather news. It might be true, but the most important point is whether the statistical sample was fair or not. To put it another way, this report would not be accurate, since it is not discernible how much time has the mentioned news decreased. What is more, he mentioned that during this period lots of complains have been received. But it is not clear whether mentioned complains were from a large number of people, or they have been retained by just a few people who send complains repeatedly.

Additionally, the author acknowledged that people were not satisfied with these news. From this point of view this article would not be reliable, because there is a possibility that people were not satisfied by the way the reporter report, not the time which is being allocated to reporting them. Nowadays, thanks to the progression of technology, there are lots of methods of showing weather news by graphs or different ways.

As the author said, the advertisements have decreased a lot as the result of not having audience. But the probability can be the people’s methods of life. In the past, as a case in point, families gathered to each other for having something to eat and listening to the news, but nowadays, they suffer from the lack of time. Their daily stimuli will not let them have rest as the way they had previously. Now they would listen to just important news by lots of different devices, and so they have no time to spend for listening weather news or watching advertisements. Moreover, there are more important news in the world, like world cup, or the news of the terrorists plans, rather than weather or local news.

To wrap up, it goes without saying that local and especially weather news play a fundamental role in counties, which knowing them would leads to recognizing how to manage the water resources, as an example, or what to crop based on the diagnostic weather situation, this article doesn’t meet the requirement to be accepted, since the author doesn’t pay attention to details and he didn’t offer a well- articulated analysis.

argument 1 -- partly OK.

It is wrong:
According to the author, during the past year, news has filled more with national ones, than local or weather news. It might be true, but the most important point is whether the statistical sample was fair or not. To put it another way, this report would not be accurate, since it is not discernible how much time has the mentioned news decreased.

It is correct:
What is more, he mentioned that during this period lots of complains have been received. But it is not clear whether mentioned complains were from a large number of people, or they have been retained by just a few people who send complains repeatedly.

argument 2 -- not OK. 'the author acknowledged that people were not satisfied with these news' is a truth, not a loophole.

argument 3 -- not OK.

--------------------------------------------------------
You need to understand the structure of the arguments:

This is the condition 1 ---one argument here:
During this time period, most of the complaints received from viewers were concerned with our station’s coverage of weather and local news.

condition 2 ---one argument here:
In addition, local businesses that used to advertise during our late-night news program have just canceled their advertising contracts with us.

conclusion ---one argument here:
Therefore, in order to attract more viewers to the program and to avoid losing any further advertising revenues, we should restore the time devoted to weather and local news to its former level.
----------------------------------------------------------