The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation not competition

The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition

The best method to educate a person to be an extraordinary leader, especially in government, industry or other important fields which can make big influences on country's fate is a controversial issue. Some people suggest to instill a sense of cooperation from on the outset instead of competition. But in my point of view, both of them should be evaluated equally and implemented coordinately and reciprocally.

First of all, fair competition without hostile attitude can be good opportunities for individuals to explore and enhance their capacity. Through the process of competing, a person will learn lessons about their faults, weaknesses and strengths to perfect himself. For example, in any educational system, from Western to Eastern, the students are always ranked in the class and school. Relying on that, the students can know their position comparing with the others and motivate themselves to study harder. Even though, sometimes the ranking can make students too haunted by scores and position, thus sense of cooperation should be enhanced at the same time.

Moreover, competition in some cases can increase cooperation more strongly and durably. Olympics game is one example. At the beginning, the game was took place in order to show human piety to god and laud the fairness in Greek but afterwards it became popular and spread over the world. That game is golden opportunity for all athletic to make friends, exchange experiences and improve camaraderie with international peers.

In summary, no one can deny the necessity of educating sense of cooperation for young people in leadership, yet it should be corporate with competition because it's patent that both of action can go parallel and achieve better result.

Sentence: At the beginning, the game was took place in order to show human piety to god and laud the fairness in Greek but afterwards it became popular and spread over the world.
Description: The token was is not usually followed by a verb, past tense
Suggestion: Refer to was and took