The best way to teach is to praise positive actions and ignore negative ones Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing and supporti

P#1
Teaching is vital for a society as it cultivates talents who will be the future backbone of society, so the way of teaching should be discussed cautiously. As the consciousness of human equal rights has been wakened, more and more people are calling for a transformation of the way of teaching, which means praise positive actions and ignore negative ones while teaching. But is it truly do good to the educates? From my perspective, I hold the view that although positive actions should be praised, the negative ones shouldn’t be ignored for there may be educational values too. The reasons are as follows:
P#2
Firstly, I agree with the frontal part of the issue that positive actions should be praised. Children are too young and their brains are too immature that right and complete worldviews haven’t been set up, under this circumstance they would prefer those things which bring to positive feedbacks, so the duty of providing students with positive feedbacks on the right things falls on teachers. If teacher praise students for as many kinds things as possible such as helping others without asking for returns, or even simple helping parents do housework at home, they would tend to conduct those things more, leading to a good manner and thus well-educated talents are made. But when we don’t encourage them, they may feel bored and turn into things that is more thrilling like electronic games or just lay in bed, which is what we are unwilling to see. From above we can see that the praise of positive actions is of great necessity.
P#3
However, when we praise students, we should also be aware of that educates may can gain a lot from negative actions too, which indicates that they shouldn’t be neglected. Being the opposite of knowing what should be done, it is equal essential for students to make clear that what shouldn’t be done, and that’s where criticize on negative behaviors plays its role. Most of negative things may occurred by accident but if we don’t stop them, students will fall into the mud of astray before they know. Examples are everywhere and deplorable, a typical example is that many teenagers became addicted to electronic devices due to the breach of duty of parents who didn’t point out the hazard to children and prevent them in time. So, we can conclude that only we make the line of forbidden zone explicit to students and protect them from things that could ruin their future can we fulfill our duty as educators. Therefore, ignorance of negative actions can be equal to crime and we should avert this happening.
P#4
What’s more, in the view of philosophy, the unity of opposite is the fundamental of the universe, only considering one side would cause imbalance to life. We cannot deny that the punishment or education of negative actions may let students especially teenagers feel unhappy or even angry, but the proportion of negative feelings and the pain gained through the correction of corrupt customs in life shouldn’t be forgotten and students sooner or later need to face them when they enter adulthood, thus let them learn to deal with negative feeling and exercise their will power for overcoming bad habits should be encouraged in education.
P#5
In a word, we should reach a balance on praise and criticize but definitely not ignore the negative side. I am strongly convinced that students should learn to accept criticize while receiving praise, and that will help them become truly talents who will accelerate the speed of nation to prosperous.