Company management should conduct routine monitoring of all employee e mail correspondence Such monitoring will reduce the waste of resources such as time and system capacity as well as protect the company from lawsuits Write a response in which you discu

Company management should conduct routine monitoring of all employee e-mail correspondence. Such monitoring will reduce the waste of resources such as time and system capacity, as well as protect the company from lawsuits.

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Author asserts that management of companies should conduct routine monitoring of employee emails. According to author, this would not only reduce waste of resources and time but would protect the company from lawsuits. The intention of author is good and creating a healthy work culture is essential requirement for a company to grow.However, this suggestion does not fit in the situation on moral and practical grounds. Hence, I disagree with the author and I would like to suggest other ways to ensure effective utilization of resources while making sure that the company is protected from lawsuits.

It's the responsibility of higher management of any company to take care of employee's welfare in addition to ensure the growth of company. This is a complex task as employees are human beings and they can't just be considered as resources alone. While making the future road maps of the company, management must be aware that the employees are well facilitated and treated humanly. This is the reason every company has human resources departments. One of the major reasons an employee changes job is the way he/she thinks about the way company is treating him/her. Sometimes, this even overrides the monetary aspects. A person who is well treated in the company and higher management takes care of his/her personal growth along with the company growth would seldom think about leaving the company.

It is important that there are processes in the company monitoring working capabilities of the employees. However, by monitoring their mails would certainly cause adverse effect on the feelings of employees. There are some mails which are very personal and are not meant to be read by a third person. If higher management starts monitoring the mails of employees, they would feel insecure and it's violation of human rights in many countries. The intention of monitoring the mails is to check - (a) if employees are wasting time in unnecessary mail communication and (b) any company related information is not passed on to outer world. This can be done in other ways instead of monitoring every mail of employees.

To check if an employee is not wasting time, their overall productivity can be measured by the quality of work assigned to them. If a person is delivering his/her work in expected way, then there is no need to check his/her mails. If a person is performing well, then what he/she does in spare time should not be a matter of concern. In fact, it's refreshing for the employees to spend time the way they want.

To make sure that company's privacy is not being compromised, management can leverage advantages of modern technology. There are many software which could find out if bulk data is being sent over mails or even if some company related sensitive information is sent out through mails. These softwares look for certain keywords in the mails and in case mail seems suspicious, a thorough scan can be made by management. This would not only make sure that company is protected from lawsuits but would be an acceptable logic by employees. This way there is no compromise with the company security while employee's personal information is also protected.

Hence, it can be concluded that there are many other ways to make sure that employees of a company are working well and company secrets are also not compromise rather than scanning every mail of employees. This would make sure that employees feel secure about their privacy while they contribute to their work with their full potential without doing anything which could put the company on the risk of lawsuits.

No. of Words: 605 350 (write the essay in half an hour)

You may remove the fifth paragraph.