Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.Reason: Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea.Write a res

Claim: The best test of an argument is its ability to convince someone with an opposing viewpoint.
Reason: Only by being forced to defend an idea against the doubts and contrasting views of others does one really discover the value of that idea.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

The ability to persuade the adverse side is the greatest method to exam the validation of an argument. The discussion of evaluating the validation is essential since it offers an efficient method to find out the validation of an argument. I agree with that if an argument can convince people in the opposite stance more, this argument is more solid for the reason: defending the shortcomings, different perspectives, and science methods.

First of all, discussing with people who hold the contradictory view allow one to face the shortcoming of one's stance. For instance, if one who supports nuclear resource can bring some reasons to convince the protesters, this argument conquers the other side. Then, it not only has pros but also defeat the things which once was treated as cons. On the contrary, if an argument cannot provide many facts as well as reasons to impress and satisfy the opponent, it has loopholes which mean it is not perfect and has defects.

Moreover, people who choose the reversed side usually possess distinct perspectives, which render them to appraise the same thing is a various ways. The advocates might consider a point as the advantage to them. However, the same point might become the disadvantage to the other side people. Thus, evaluating things from an altogether different perspective might bring about a wholly disparate result. In the other words, if an argument can persuade the other side people, it also includes perspectives and concerns of the other side, which provide the argument a stronger basement.

Admittedly, there are some other science means to appraise an argument, such as applying statistical data and experiment to prove a theory physically. Notwithstanding, even using scientific methods to calculate a theory, it still needs someone to point out its weakness and then using all means to bolster its weakness. Therefore, without the opposite viewpoint, it is hard to convince people that an argument is valid and solid.

To sum up, to appraise the ability of persuading people who hold the opposite view is the best examination of an argument. It is because that in this way, it not only bolsters its weakness but also including the concerns of the other side. As a result, an opposite view could offer a thorough examination of an argument into depth.

I agree with that if an argument can convince people
I agree that if an argument can convince people

discussing with people who hold the contradictory view allow one to face the shortcoming
discussing with people who hold the contradictory view allows one to face the shortcoming

the same thing is a various ways
the same thing in various ways

-------------
arguments: OK
-------------