Essay topics: Claim: Colleges and universities should specify all required courses and eliminate elective courses in order to provide clear guidance for students.
Reason: College students—like people in general—prefer to follow directions rather than make their own decisions.
The claim that Colleges and Universities' students should follow a clear guidance and they don't need any elective course is a huge mistake; one will hurt both College students and Universities. In the following paragraphs, I will delve into the most significant reasons why I hold this point of view.
First of all, the claims reason that College students prefer following directions rather than make their own decisions is not necessary true; there are many students, especially the perspective students, that they enjoy variety of study fields and they prefer making their own decision for their future's success. University and Colleges are places for helping students to find their own way of success and following their own dreams not impeding students' progress and goals.
As another primary reason, Colleges and Universities are not places for preparing the students for only the academic world; these institutes are microcosms of our society and they should teach students to solve their own problems because in the real world there is no clear guidance for solving their problems. Moreover, the students will hurt emotionally when they can't decide for their study plans and make their own future. Therefore, specifying all required courses and eliminating elective courses would impair students' social behavior and sense of independence.
In addition to students, Colleges will hurt by eliminating elective courses, in the sense that most of significant projects of these institutes are based on correlations between wide varieties of study fields. Thus, students should know some necessary subjects from outside of their own field to cooperate with other group members. For example, a University project about making an airplane incorporates knowledge and experiences from different study fields such as Computer Science, Mechanic, Electronic, and so on; so, the students need to know basic knowledge of other study fields to advance the project significantly. Hence, Universities and Colleges can't do their projects with confining students to take just their own major required courses.
In conclusion, according to all aforementioned reasons, I strongly believe that Colleges and Universities shouldn't eliminate elective courses and provide a clear guidance for students; it will impair both students and theses institutes' progress.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||fernanf||66||Read full essay|
|1 month 1 week ago||fernanf||66||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||Brandon_Chen||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||Kavya K G||83||Read full essay|
|4 months 2 weeks ago||hvarpe||50||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||MrPin7||54||Read full essay|
|7 months 1 week ago||Janki thaker||50||Read full essay|
|8 months 5 days ago||yej||66||Read full essay|
|8 months 1 week ago||Gh.Ne||79||Read full essay|
|9 months 3 weeks ago||Goomoni||71.5||Read full essay|
- In the United States, it had been common practice since the late 1960s no to suppress natural forest fires. The “let it burn” policy assumed that forest fire would burn themselves out quickly, without causing much damage. However, in the summer of 1988, f (80)
- what are qualities of a good neighbor (72.5)
- some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field. (50)
- Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future. (80)
- Some people claim that a nation's government should preserve its wilderness areas in their natural state. Others argue that these areas should be developed for potential economic gain. (60)
- Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increasingly more time to covering national news and less time to covering weather and local news. During the same time period, most of the complaints we received from viewers were concerned with (60)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college. (76.6667)
- Claim: Colleges and universities should specify all required courses and eliminate elective courses in order to provide clear guidance for students. Reason: College students—like people in general—prefer to follow directions rather than make their own dec (66.6667)
- No field of study can advance significantly unless it incorporates knowledge and experience from outside that field. (75)
- Of Altamonte students polled, 65 percent say they participate in either an intramural, varsity, or community sports team. Being a member of a sport team keeps one fit and healthy and promotes an active life style. Since the majority of students are taking (80)