Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.Write a response in which you discuss the e

Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.

Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

Financial support from governments is one of the most important monetary resources each city, either major or minor, possesses. Aside from taxes, incomes from public places, and other earnings obtained from citizens, cities rely strongly on governmental financial aids. Now, the natural question is that whether governments have to make sure that their major cities receive their financial support in order to succeed.

First of all, people living everywhere in a country have the natural right to receive the financial support from their government. It is incumbent upon governments to give their support for people who live in small cities or even in far-flung regions of the country, no matter how small is their city or their population. The same as those who live in major cities, small city dwellers need to manage their city, preserve their traditions, and go on their prosperous life. If governments didn’t pay attention to the financial needs of minor cities, there would soon be some kinds of monetary problem with such cities. Consequently, governments should pay much more than they expected to solve those disasters.

Second, in addition to major cities, minor ones, also, play a crucial role in preserving and generating each nation’s cultural traditions. Cultural traditions do not just exist in major cities. Minor cities, which most often comprise more than half of the population of a nation or a country, should be paid well by the governments so that they could afford preserving their national cultural traditions. As an example, one important tradition of most nations, which governments rely mostly on, is the agricultural life of most village settlers. As it is clear, not supporting such tradition would damage the agricultural industry of that country, which will in turn cause several pernicious disasters in the process of procurement of essential food required for the whole country.

In conclusion, governments should give their financial support to both major and minor cities to uphold their cultural traditions; and, ignoring minor cities would probably cause several problems in this regards. Moreover, people living in small cities must receive their share of financial support from their governments so that they would be able to thrive.

need to argue more why 'It is not primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.'