Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo

Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

There has been a drastic change in the world of educational institutions from the twentieth century. Earlier where the institutions boasted only about giving laureates to the world, now also boast about producing sportsperson, film stars, politicians, etc. The question is, do educational institutions have a hand in giving the world such gems? Well, these organizations have a major role to play. It is in school and university that a student discovers his field of interest and his latent talent.

But would it be justified to say that educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed? That’s a blunt NO. Only since an educational institution offers myriad fields of study (which includes co-curricular), is a student exposed to a number of opportunities and accordingly select his field of interest. They prepare students for the real world which doesn’t always revolve around our area of interest. One may excel in a particular field, but having a general knowledge in other areas too just makes him cognizant.

It is true that students must not be judged based on a score they got in a particular subject but dissuading them from studying the subject won’t be fair. To top the bill, a university cannot judge a person based on his score and decide his fate at a time when he is yet to discover his abilities.

Educational institutions these days provide students with an excellent platform to explore and experiment varied fields and themselves decide upon their area of interest. It is only because of such institutions that we today have multi-talented personalities. Also if in future one fails in an area, he will at least have some prior knowledge to succeed in other.

Conclusively, educational institutions have a major responsibility to encourage students to explore a number of fields for them to burgeon.