Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo

Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The school has its unique characteristic and not only teaches knowledge, but also inspires student's mind. Because no parents are proficient in everything, family is limited in inspiring students. Therefore, the most important point of school is that it can provide more resource to help students to explore themselves. Based on this unique, school should not discourage students to pursue the field which student has less possibility to succeed.

Children have unlimited potential. Therefore, the school has the obligation to provide all possible guild to help children to discover themselves. Even students who have worse performance in a certain field is not equal to the failure. If we can give more time to them to practice, they still have possibility to succeed. Michael Jordan, who has the unshakable status was thought he was impossible to be a successful athlete when he was in the first year of high school but he never stops practicing. When, therefore, he was in the second year of high school, he received the opportunity to show out his ability. If school dissuaded him from playing basketball in the first year, a great basketball player would have disappeared from the world.

Certainly, school should help students to explore themselves, but the school also needs to take care their emotion. Because students' emotion is sensitive, the school cannot only encourage them to try any possibility. Most students' mental is not strong as adults, so a small failure can cause to the hatred in learning new thing. What the school should do should be to direct student to discover what is suitable for them. Adaptive testing is more and more important, today. By adaptive testing, children can find the most suitable career planning and students do not frustrate by the failure. Therefore, students can avoid many unnecessary failures in their career.

The opposite opinion of the above statement is that school should not be afraid of students' failure and, then, prevent from doing any trying. What should do is to encourage and accompany them to overcome any failure. Edison is one of the greatest inventors. However, when he was a child, he was considered a trouble student and no one want to accept him. Luckily, his mother encouraged and accompanied him to study and do experiments. Because he was not scared frustration, he ultimately invented light ball and have many inventions. If his mother discouraged him because he was seemed a trouble student, he might not have had the great achievement.

The example can provide a support to enhance this opinion. A famous professor in Taiwan, Liming Yao, who was a trouble maker in his childhood had an extreme difficulty in studying and, even, the basic math question was a big problem for him. However, he was lucky because his teacher and his mother are hugely patient to accompany him to explore his own studying method. After a huge pain, he succeeded and became a professor. Therefore, he always uses himself to be a case to encourage people.

In summary, every student have infinite possibility. Even students’ performance shows that they are unlikely to succeed, it doesn’t mean that student is unlikely to succeed forever. Thus, school should be the support of student to accompany him to defeat the difficulty in each step of his life.

The argument is good but fails to take into consideration that most of examples taken are of people who showed tremendous determination inspite of odds. It is not possible to expect such things when person is not passionate of things that he does? Better to explore a given claim holistically as it increases your chances of scoring tremendously. However it does pose risk of time management.
Too many grammatical errors which spoil the meaning of the words. Need better organisation.