Essay topics: Educational institutions should dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.
Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.
people believe it is one of the education system’s duty to guide students in choosing the academic field and make them aware of some fields which do not have a good chance of being improved. On the other hand, other part of people holds this opinion that education system should respect the choice of students and lets them to choose their future by their own. I strongly agree with the second group and will discuss on my opinion in the following.
first and foremost, if students are interested enough in a field of education, they will find a way to succeed in it, even if the chance of becoming successful in that particular major is minuscule. it is clear to all that each time a person be eliminated by a system for following special rules and doing as he is asked to, he cannot achieve any especial success in it. In contrast, having the sense of freedom can help individuals to think broadly and find solution for their problems that are in their favorite field. this point can be extended to education system. if students be asked to study in a specific field of major, just because the chance of becoming successful in that field is more compared to some others, they cannot have this sense of freedom and will not eagerly look for solutions. On the other hand, education systems by allowing students to enter major which may not have a good chance of success at the first glance, have let them to work in that field and even make it a successful field of study. As an example, in my country Iran, some academic majors like computer science have so many graduate students from top universities who do not have stable jobs yet. As a result, the education system of my country inhibited new high school student from enter this field of study. just some years later, the country realized how their knowledge and progress in the field of computer science and it has degraded, decided to let students enter this academic major.
second, the world and its conditions are changing rapidly which unable education systems to predict the chance of having success in each academic field. None of education systems can ensure the chance of success of failure in a specific major and it is all due to the point that the world is going forward rapidly and a successful job or academic major may not stay like this in the future. this point makes it clear why education systems can not decide about the future of the student and it is better to let them to choose their academic field based on their own interest. For instance, a decade ago, the Artificial Intelligence was not a major which most of the education systems suggest it. due to the lack of their knowledge about the changes which may happen in the future, they could not have any guess about the chance of success of failure in this field. if any of the education systems had a plan for inhibiting from choosing this academic field, they would regret currently, because this major which was not even one of the famous majors some decades ago, currently is one of the tops which has a good chance for making its graduates students successful.
However, if an education system uses its experience and show the students the path of each major, it can be a good help for them. some students are not mature enough to choose their academic major which can chance their life forever. if the education system gives them some guideline, these students may have more chances of becoming successful in the future. but, this guideline should be just for informing them and not forcing them to choose a specific major.
To sum up, it is clear that one of the main roles of each education system is to make the students aware of their future career if they choose any academic field, but insisting in choosing some especial majors and eliminating others is not a thing a good education system should do. By letting student to choose their academic major as they wish, they find a chance of finding solutions for fields which currently have lots of problems. Moreover, it is predictable if a specific major will have a good chance of success in the future as well as the past or not. based on these justification, I believe it is not a good idea to force student to choose a particular major.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 3 weeks ago||j-himanshu||70||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||ninaswan||83||Read full essay|
|5 months 2 weeks ago||Gh.Ne||66||Read full essay|
|8 months 2 weeks ago||AnitaM||66||Read full essay|
|9 months 1 week ago||octa_08||58||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 weeks ago||blenksprado||75||Read full essay|
|1 year 3 weeks ago||blenksprado||66||Read full essay|
|1 year 4 months ago||94d33m||50||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 month ago||ajulyav||50||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 months ago||urvangP||Read full essay|
- Maple country development countrol (66)
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain your reasoning for the position (66)
- Educational institutions should dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and su (66)
- As a result of numerous consumer complaints of dizziness and nausea, Promofoods requested that eight million cans of tuna be returned for testing last year. Promofoods concluded that the cans did not, after all, contain chemicals that posed a health risk. (54)
- Laws should not be rigid or fixed. Instead, they should be flexible enough to take account of various circumstances, times, and places. (50)
- young people enjoy their lives more than elder (71)
- the appearance of professors on the television and its advantages and disadvantages (73)
- students by helping primary school students to read and do mathematics want to help others. (73)
- advantages and disadvantages of sucralose consumption in human's diet. (73)
- playing outside with friends and using simple toys would be better for children's development (70)