Home >> .

The following is a memorandum from the business manager of a television station."Over the past year, our late-night news program has devoted increased time to national news and less time to weather and local news. During this period, most of the complaint

banu.abdikadirova's picture

Increasing the time devoted to local and weather news might not help to attract more viwers of late-night news program.

Firstly. we dont know what exactly the complaints of viewers were about. It is possible that the viewers did not complain about the decrease in the time devoted to local and weather news. It is likely that they did not like the content of the weather and local news. For example, they could have complained about the business advertisements.

Secondly, the reason of cancellation of contract between local business and television station is not known. The reason might not be the decrease in the amount of time given to local and weather news. Also, the amount of time devoted to local news and to weather news might haven't been commensurate. More specifically, the proportion of time devoted to weather news might have been more compared to the amount of time devoted to local news.