Essay topics: If a goal is worthy, then any means taken to attain it are justifiable.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.
The statement contends that if a goal is worthy enough then any means taken to attain it are justifiable. The issue stated is very subjective in nature as the phrase "any means taken" can be interpreted in many ways. Also, it depends on the goal that one is trying to achieve, categorizing it in two broad areas: Personal and Societal.
If a goal relates to the society as a whole, or if it is going to benefit an entire nation, then any means taken to achieve it are justifiable. For example, Narendra Modi, prime minister of India, had a vision of developing Gujarat, a state in India. This vision, and if turns out to be successful can be considered as worthy for an entire state of people. Hence, measures taken like blocking roads for metro construction, traffic became a big problem. But this problem wasn't bigger than the goal, therefore it is justifiable. Alongwith this, other means that included collecting extra taxes from taxpayers for the upliftment and well-being of indigents, living in villages far away from city area, was done to achieve a goal of mollifying the electricty cut-off and water shortage problems that were faced by them.
Conversely, if a goal can be categorised as personal, then there can be several factors to be considered before coming to a conclusion whether any means taken to chieve the same are justifiable or not. Considering a primary school student having a goal of achieveing good marks in a particular examination, the first and easiest solution that comes to his/her mind is copying. This goal can be achieved in several other ways like studying hard, or say understanding the core concepts by attaining extra classes. Hence, the means taken by that primary level kid is not justifiable.
Additionally, a personal level goal like achieving a target in business, which would at first seem plausible, but if achieved, can be benefial to many, and thus can be considered as worthy enough that any steps taken to attain it are justifiable. For example, if sales of a certain product needs to be increased, then various measures taken can include, increased price of that product or increased level of awareness for that product through advertisment, which are very basic but if it includes something like removing the unworthy staff of the company and replacing it with the better ones, that could cause problem to a few, but it is justifibale as long as the goal is concerned.
To recapitulate, if a goal is worthy enough, any means taken to attain it are justifiable, unless ans until it doesn't cause harm to a potential level. Alongwith it, several factors should be considered before coming to a direct conclusion.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 days 14 hours ago||sefeliz||66||Read full essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||mflzzz||16||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||nikkk||16||Read full essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||echoingdowns||16||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||fernanf||83||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 weeks ago||Gh.Ne||79||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 days ago||saloni.p||58||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||Anuraag97||50||Read full essay|
|4 months 3 days ago||Ghader||66||Read full essay|
|4 months 1 week ago||sanket007||50||Read full essay|
- A nation should require all of its students to study the same national curriculum until they enter college.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting yo
- Students should always question what they are taught instead of accepting it passively.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing a (66)
- The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist."Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire villag (75)
- The following appeared in an article written by Dr. Karp, an anthropologist."Twenty years ago, Dr. Field, a noted anthropologist, visited the island of Tertia and concluded from his observations that children in Tertia were reared by an entire villag (74)
- Society should make efforts to save endangered species only if the potential extinction of those species is the result of human activities.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. (79)
- The following is a letter to the editor of the Waymarsh Times."Traffic here in Waymarsh is becoming a problem. Although just three years ago a state traffic survey showed that the typical driving commuter took 20 minutes to get to work, the commute n (48)
- We can learn much more from people whose views we share than from people whose views contradict our own. (50)
- According to a recent report, cheating among college and university students is on the rise. However, Groveton College has successfully reduced student cheating by adopting an honor code, which calls for students to agree not to cheat in their academic en (48)
- College students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to (50)
- The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition. (70)