It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most comp

It is no longer possible for a society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The strength and character of a society is revealed in the way it cherishes the exemplary contributions made by some of its members, so that others could emulate them in such endeavors. Thus, I do not agree with the claim that it is no longer possible for the society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.

Firstly, there are certain professions which do require the society to worship them as heroes as they involve significant sacrifices made for the benefit of the others. For example, soldiers and policeman, who protect the country from both external and internal threats are rightly regarded as heroes for their exemplary sacrifices made for common good. The tag of "hero" while they are alive definitely motivates them to give their best in their jobs and they certainly deserve it. It also encourages the younger generation to follow their lead in the future.

Secondly, regarding a living person as hero has the benefit of recognizing the contributions made by him while he/she is alive. Such recognition for their work helps to motivate them further to excel in their fields of work.For example, the noble prize is usually given to person for his contribution in scientific and humanitarian endeavors while one is alive. This propels most of them to further pursue their research by giving them both emotional and financial push. It also helps them to share with the world what all hardwork and sacrifices they have done to reach such a position. This further acts as living guide to future generations.

On the other hand, there have been numerous instances in present times where continuous media scrutiny of recognized people sullies their image in front of the public. Media trails are held on issues of personal mis endeavors and make it almost impossible for the society to regard any living man or woman as a hero.For example, the unsavory episode of expose of Tiger Woods adultery practices suddenly made him a non-hero to millions of people across the globe. However, it should be noted that such media trails only enhance the shine of great personalities. Those who withstand such scrutiny and come unscathed are real heros.Yet, at same time it is important for society to make subtle difference between personal and professional lives. No individual can be perfect in all spheres as we are human.

In conclusion, cherishing the contributions of certain members of society and regarding them as heroes is inherent and essential aspect of any progressive and ideal society. Even though contemporary developments like media scrutiny make it difficult, it should only be seen as tool to further the cause and not sully it.

--------------------
argument 1 -- not OK.

argument 2 -- not OK.

argument 3 -- OK. Better to separate argument 3 to different parts for argument 1 and 2.
--------------------