In most professions and academic fields imagination is more important than knowledge Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim In developing and supporting your position be sure to address the most comp

In most professions and academic fields, imagination is more important than knowledge.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

There is a famous catchphrase in English: ‘knowledge is power.’ It is the knowledge that makes humans nearer to wisdom and development and without it, no one can achieve the acme of any career—whether it is academic or other fields. However, imagination is also a key for a person to develop something new but it is not more important than knowledge. In fact, both of these can be beneficial to most professions and academic fields.

To begin with, only focusing on imagination can not be a goal of any professional; without the expertise, it will be futile as he can not execute innovative thinking. For example, an engineer can think of making a website that can apply to online communication. Though the thinking is very creative, he can not make it possible without having skill. Facebook is a perfect alive example of it—the creator Mark Zuckerberg did not come into the thought of making Facebook, rather two twin brothers gave the concept to him. They could not make it because they don’t have the knowledge to build a website like it. However, Mark Zuckerberg grab their vision and make Facebook which is now one of the most popular social networks. So, having great imagination power without knowledge is like a glass without water: you can have a glass but without water, your thirst will not fill up.

Secondly, vision with education is more powerful than having only one element, but only having knowledge can be enough for any profession, especially in academic fields. Because all people don’t need to be innovative and intellectual at the same time—a scientist or an engineer can lead other people who work with or under him. This will not make others less significant as they are helping to accomplish the plan and it will bring blessing to all of them. For example, Uber is a mobility service provider company and one day the idea of it came to a technology businessman who was tired of not getting any car in the middle of the road. He then built the Uber company with the help of others and it become one of the most successful corporations. Now not only do they have a hundred branches but also, other businessmen use this concept and build other transport companies. So, it is not necessary to have the creativity to reach a successful path but to have the skill to execute it.

However, imagination is applaudable as it facilitates the person along with others to generate something wonderful and unimaginable. For instance, if anyone did not have creativity, then vehicles, computer, electricity, and houses would not exist in this world--these first came to some human’s brain before the whole world utilize them. But human beings have the power of creative thinking which means it is a natural feature that will automatically produce without having any skill, while education is not naturally gained--it takes years of dedication and studies to be a scholar.

In conclusion, imagination is an element that can create greatness but only with the help of expertise. Having a creative mind is a plus point, but not crucially required. Therefore, individuals in most professions and academic fields should not give imagination more importance than knowledge.