Essay topics: As people rely more and more on technology to solve problems, the ability of humans to think for themselves will surely deteriorate.
It is a highly debated issue whether people rely more and more on technology to solve problems and they may jeopardize their abilities to think. This topic can be approached from several angles due to its complexity. While some people tend to think that they may not be affected by technology. Others seem to disagree with it. Deeply deliberating over the issue, I believe that relying on technology to solve problems will not affect people to think, and the following discussion reveals my stand and reasoning.
To begin with, people can use technology to strengthen their abilities to think. We can use lots of auxiliary instruments and systems to help us resolve the problems, and it totally does not exacerbate our abilities of thinking. For instance, my boss gave me a mission that I need to do a presentation about the topic of Bitcoin when I was an intern before. I did not understand what is Bitcoin and I cannot ask my boss. I decided to surf the internet since I can gain basic information about Bitcoin. After I finished my search job, I started to think about how to make a precision model which can help my company to earn more money. Eventually, I did a presentation during the meeting, and my boss and other managers began to discuss the feasibility of the new idea. Thus, I think we can strengthen our abilities to think with the help of technology.
Moreover, technology is the production of human thought. When we have to resolve the problems, we will brainstorm and produce lots of new instruments or modern things. For example, people did not have a cellphone before until Antonio Meucci invented. It is too inconvenient for people that we did not have a cellphone to make a connection. Through the successive invention and production process, everyone has a cellphone nowadays. It is obvious that we still invent lots of things in recent years, and the technology did not deteriorate our abilities. Therefore, I think technology and human thought results from beneficial interaction.
True, some people might say that if we rely more and more on technology to solve problems, we will destroy our self-thinking abilities since we would not use our brains to think. However, this belief fools us to consider the fact that we still use our brains to solve lots of problems. For example, when the restaurant's manager wants to add new dishes, he has to think about what kind of food the customers may like. That is to say, people need to brainstorm in lots of certain situations. As a result, it is hard to convince people of this idea.
To sum up, with the reasons mentioned above, I think that relying on technology will not deteriorate people's abilities to think. That is not to say, of course, that other points of view are completely without merit. However, I think the reasons I provided in favor of my opinions are stronger.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 days 3 hours ago||pranav_kanth||50||Read full essay|
|1 week 1 day ago||vivek2upad||66||Read full essay|
|1 week 4 days ago||sefeliz||75||Read full essay|
|1 week 4 days ago||sefeliz||58||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 1 day ago||jason123||54||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 2 days ago||shuocurity||66||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 3 days ago||no one||75||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 4 days ago||snowsss||50||Read full essay|
|2 weeks 5 days ago||mckvabhishek||50||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 2 days ago||Mridul||66||Read full essay|
- The following appeared in a letter to the school board in the town of Centerville.All students should be required to take the driver's education course at Centerville High School. In the past two years, several accidents in and around Centerville hav (45)
- The following is a letter to the editor of the Waymarsh Times.Traffic here in Waymarsh is becoming a problem. Although just three years ago a state traffic survey showed that the typical driving commuter took 20 minutes to get to work, the commute now tak (60)
- The following is a recommendation from the Board of Directors of Monarch Books.We recommend that Monarch Books open a café in its store. Monarch, having been in business at the same location for more than twenty years, has a large customer base because i (50)
- Leaders are created by the demands that are placed on them. (50)
- Arctic deer live on islands in Canada's arctic regions. They search for food by moving over ice from island to island during the course of the year. Their habitat is limited to areas warm enough to sustain the plants on which they feed and cold enoug (50)
- Scandals are useful because they focus our attention on problems in ways that no speaker or reformer ever could. (50)
- 108. Critical judgment of work in any given field has little value unless it comes from someone who is an expert in that field. (50)
- 14. The following appeared as part of an article in a business magazine. "A recent study rating 300 male and female Mentian advertising executives according to the average number of hours they sleep per night showed an association between the amount (68)
- The following appeared in a health magazine. "The citizens of Forsythe have adopted more healthful lifestyles. Their responses to a recent survey show that in their eating habits they conform more closely to government nutritional recommendations tha (50)
- The following is taken from a memo from the advertising director of the Super Screen Movie Production Company."According to a recent report from our marketing department, during the past year, fewer people attended Super Screen-produced movies than i (50)