The primary goal of technological advancement should be to increase people s efficiency so that they have more leisure time Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for t

The primary goal of technological advancement should be to increase people's efficiency so that they have more leisure time.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Technology has, and will continue to be a major aspect of human development. Right from the discovery of fire to the use of sticks as arrows for hunting and other utilitarian tools development. However, it would be a difficult one to confidently point out a singular goal has one that should be the cardinal aim of the technological upgrade. Technology has a lot of impact in various sectors like military – in the development of light and heavy weapons, health – in the development of various machines for disease prognosis, and transportation – in the development of diverse better and more efficient vehicles. All of these developments, in one way or the other are targeted at ensuring a peaceful and orderly society. However I believe that the main aim of technological upgrade should be in the development of techniques and machines for the development of the society.
Although some might contend that technological advancement for could lead to over-dependence on it and laziness on the part of the workers, but since the reason for advancing our technology is to make things easier and faster to do, I believe that there is no better way to do that than to target it at increasing the efficiency of individuals in order to create more leisure time for them. Various researches have shown that decrease in the length of working hours of workers tend to lead to a commensurate increase in their productivity. This, in return, would lead to increase in the service delivery and an upturn in the economy of the society. For instance a teacher who spends less time in class would not be easily stressed up and would be able to deliver instructions more efficiently to the students. Therefore lesser time would mean more performances at the optimal level for the teacher. This would be a major advantage and reason for technological advancement to be targeted at making workers spend less time at work.
In addition, lesser time at work could also have positive effects on the psychology of the workers. A worker who spends lesser time at work would most likely have time to spend with family and friends, would be less susceptible to mental fatigue or lapses in concentration. This, more or less, translates to improving the psychological state of workers and at the same time improving the fabric of the society. Can any other gift from technological advancement beat that?
In conclusion, because of its likely positive impact on the mental and physical well-being of the citizen, couple with increase in productivity and subsequent likely impact on the economy, I believe that the cardinal aim of technological advancement should be in increasing workers leisure hours away from work.