Schools should do more to prepare students for the non academic aspects of adulthood

Schools should do more to prepare students for the non-academic aspects of adulthood.

We learn to process things based on what we are taught. We are who we are because of the way we have been taught, the way we have been nurtured. The kind of learnings we get in our young age has major impact on our lives, the way in which a naïve mind is nurtured. School plays a major role in the development of a young child. What I believe is that school focuses the ample amount of resources it has, in making a young child better in academics part of his life, but it tends to kind of neglect the non-academic one. It’s good that the child will be better in academics but his overall development is somewhat hampered. We don’t see kids discussing anything other than studies when it comes to school.
Firstly, I believe schools are turning young kids into robots by giving them grades which separates students based on their churning power—power to remember stuff. So, the child thinks to be on the good, on the top list based on that grade system he should follow the herd. Grade system can be better if in some way the child is graded based on his overall performance not just his academic one. In this way, he will understand that creative stuff is also equally important. He can use his mind for developing new innovative things. It will bring a novelty in the school system. Then there will be more children opting for creative fields after their schooling which is good.
There should be focus on the mental development of the kid as well. Because, if the mind of the young kid is trained in a perfect manner, he can turn out be miraculous in future. We see, nowadays a lot of people suffering from emotional issues and tensions? What if we would been working on keeping our mental health better right from when we were in teens. The cases of people suffering from depression are increasing day-by-day and the only way to reduce this is nurturing the mental aspect of a kid from a young age. Virat Kohli in an interview, when asked what’s the main thing he is focusing on, which has made him a legend, replied by saying that keeping my mental state of mind right has been my biggest strengths.
While this essay says that non-academic part is crucial and should be given a lot more importance than is currently given, some people will respond to this by saying, then in a way school should not focus on the academic part at all. Look, academics is also important. Child should come out of a school and be educated. Otherwise, what’s the reason of him going to the school anyway. There should be balance achieved between the two because both aspects are equally important.