Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field

Some people believe that college students should consider only their own talents and interests when choosing a field of study. Others believe that college students should base their choice of a field of study on the availability of jobs in that field.

These two views are pointing out the most discussed issue which has existing from the Ancient Times. Undoubtedly, there is a bunch of work places in different fields which any one can find themselves and realize themselves in. However, the truth of modern world is simultaneously there is considerable exigency of making sufficient amount of money for living and a huge range of salaries – from a lucrative one to almost nothing one – depending a specialization and filed of work. While one can be absolutely agreed with the second claim, there a noticeable amount of cases argue that this is not in fact a case.

For delving to this subject, let’s reflect on the nowadays system of education and motivation. It is proved that there is tremendous disparity among better-off families and less well-off families. As a result, it has turns out that children from the last ones have to concentrate on fitting certain job descriptions sacrificing their passion, believes etc. However, there must be an opportunity for anyone to choose what they are more encourages depending on the psycho-type and traits of a certain person. One could look for rewarding, money-motivated position in fast-growing company, the other one would desire more calm-down and artistic position.

Inexorably, as the time passes out, it would seem to them – people without a right to choose - that they are overworked and unpaid since they are losing interest, getting frustrated by their positions and performed functions. Sacrificing one's ideas and aspirations creates incongruity in mind that leads sooner or later to changing a life and inevitable modifications. Was not for it, the ultimate outcome could be opposite. There is no a person on this Earth who has not hears at least one story of changing life in the middle of one’s ages – “she dropped everything and went to India, now she is creating sunset-pictures that are lucratively paid. Who could imagine this after all she was an investing banker?”.

As well it is highly needed to highlight another one aspect of this subject that is followed from all the mentioned above facts. This aspect consists of the idea that the government and authorities over the world should create a balance of specialists – essential for the whole world - stimulating young generation developing in a diverge rang of spheres not just in lucrative ones. For illustrating this position, let’s look at the Russian Federation right after dissolution of the USSR. There was a huge number of attorneys and economists and not of the best quality since they were deemed to be highly paid. The whole situation had turned out to be a disaster – the country was losing specialist in other fields, not talking about destroyed lives of whole generation.

Coming back to the introduction and summing up all facts, it can be easily concluded that there is a huge necessity of creating specialist in a diverse range of fields and not forgetting about a psychological side of this process. There is no need to retreat to Luddite attitude in relation to either the first one claim or the second one, rather than to embrace a positive posture and build a trade-off.