Those who see their ideas through regardless of doubts or criticism others may express are the ones who tend to leave a lasting legacy

Those who see their ideas through, regardless of doubts or criticism others may express, are the ones who tend to leave a lasting legacy.

perseverance and persistence are valuable qualities required for success. people who see their ideas through and insist on the validity of the truth are generally more likely than others to leave a lasting legacy.

Throughout history, the acceptance of many significant scientific principles – they are the axioms today – did not happen overnight. From the Middle Ages to the pre-modern period, religion was a dominant power in most parts of the world. churches possessed the ultimate interpretation of religious texts like Bibles and peculiar phenomenons worldwide. Now we know that the sun eclipse is a recurring natural phenomenon due to the planets’ movement, yet back in the old days, people tended to believe that it was a manifestation of god. churches endorsed ideas like this, as themselves were misled by earlier scholars, as well as they would like to impose better moral education. people who dared to speak against the “truth,” such as Bruno, were executed. The situation did not discourage them, however. scientists like Galileo and Copernicus kept challenging Geocentrism, and the later history of science proved them right. Based on their theories, later scientists go further and discover more principles that we are studying today in the textbooks. Had any of the scientists not see through and insist on their ideas – even though facing the danger of losing their life – the human civilization would not have reached where we are.

people do not hold their ideas for long without reasons. Those who see through and implement the ideas see the value, once fully realized, the ideas can bring to the society. The story of dyson is one of the inspiring examples. For the first decade after the vacuum was invented, no factory or suppliers saw a future on the bizarre product. The inventor of dyson went across the country and only received negative responses. he never gave up any chance to introduce dyson, because he knew it was revolutionary. we see the same persistence on elon Musk, Tesla, and spacex. For nearly two decades, the companies were not profiting, but elon firmly believed in the future of electrical cars and outer-space exploration. he hired the best engineers in the world and ignored the criticism, the revenue reports, and the stock prices. Eventually, his work paid off. Government realized the importance of transferring to the use of clean energy, and his spacex rockets have traveled to the Space successfully multiple times, leaving people worldwide with the fantasy of affordable interstellar traveling and emigrating to Mars in the future.

The opponents of the claim tend to confuse the quality of perseverance and persistence with obstinacy. At some point in life, we all encounter people who are so insistent on their ideas that they seem to be uncommunicable. Admittedly, often than not, it turns out that they were only tenacious rather than being innovative. Theranos turned out to be a scam. it originated from an ambitious college dropout who would not listen to her professor's admonishment. even so, we can still deride lessons. we still embrace the hope that, someday, scientists and engineers will have the ability to combine 200 test programs into a small, portable, and affordable blood testing machine.