True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take In developing and sup

True success can be measured primarily in terms of the goals one sets for oneself.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position

One should strive to become a better person that one was yesterday. If people would focus only on other people's achievements and especially on the achievements of great figures of politics, arts, economics, or any other field, it would be very easy to feel unfulfilled and live in unhappiness. In my opinion, I strongly agree with the above statement that posits that one is responsible to set the goals we are to accomplish in life, in order to be successful. Next, I will present a couple of reasons that support my position.

To begin, there is no one ultimate objective in life. For some people, success is measured in terms of happiness, for others in terms of wealth. There are also people who find that a successful life means to be in the company of good people or that success is determined by how much good one has done for others. Therefore, if we consider the case of a person that finds that the primordial aspect of life is to help others and donates his or her money to support good causes, he or she might self regard as successful while others criticize for his or her lack of wealth.

Further, if we ignore our own ambitions and goals and are stubbornly set to achieve something similar to the trajectory of the people we admire, we might find ourselves in the situation that we can never achieve such high demands. We might find ourselves in different environments, and possess different personalities, abilites, character and intelligence that forbear us to accomplish those goals. For example, in Dostoyevsky´s novel Crime and Punishment the main character Rodion Raskolnikof often thinks of himself as a remarkable man who has the right to kill as Napoleon did in order to fulfill his greater destiny in life as the outstanding man he thinks to be. That leads him to commit a crime and turn to madness because of it. Thinking in this fashion could be an unhealthy thing to do and can lead to an exacerbated misery as we see with this character.

Finally, as mentioned before, today´s success is the ability to surpass our former fears and limitations, gain new abilities and knowledge, develop more mature morals and manners, and overall be a better person than before. For example, if we consider the case of a person that for years struggled with an addiction such as alcoholism and has for now been in abstinence for a whole year, that can be regarded as measurement of greater success for that person than it would be for another person without that problem.

It is under our own conditions and environment under our perspective, following our interests and passions that we can transit this life and be successful.