16 The chart shows the percentage of boys and girls who participate in different sports activities in 2010

16. The chart shows the percentage of boys and girls who participate in different sports activities in 2010.

The bar chart compares the proportion of boys and girls who take part in 6 different types of sports in 2010.
Overall, it is clear that the percentage of boys surpassed that of girls in all 6 sports activities. Moreover, while football accounted for the highest figure in males, the proportion of swimming was the most remarkable in females.
According to the girls’ proportion, swimming dominated the first position with approximately 13%. Likewise , figures for tennis and basketball were also significant, at 8% and 7% respectively. In contrast, accounting for under 5%, football, netball and cricket experienced the lowest position in females’ number.
Referring to boys ‘ chart, 20% of participants took part in football, which was more than 4 times higher than the percentage of females.While netball and swimming accounted for the remarkable numbers , at 17% and 13% each, the figures of cricket, basketball and tennis were only around 10%